At the Irish Workhouse Centre, the wellbeing of staff and visitors is paramount. In accordance with Government and Health and Safety Executive guidelines on COVID-19 including the Failte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter, we have implemented safety measures including a one way system that makes use of our spacious complex, reduced visitor numbers and sanitising stations. Workhouse Centre staff are available to answer your questions, and all staff will be wearing masks though the warm welcome will still be evident!
To ensure the well-being of all our visitors and staff, we will be implementing a range of operational changes in accordance with Government and HSE guidelines, and Fáilte Ireland’s safety charter for visitor attractions. COVID-19 Response Plan details the policies and practices necessary the Irish Workhouse Centre to meet the Government’s ‘Return to Work Safely Protocol’ and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. The COVID-19 Compliance Officer for the Irish Workhouse Centre is Donal Burke, Manager of the Irish Workhouse Centre.
- Bookings must be by phone or email and a customer email address will be required on booking to which safety instructions and a visitor questionnaire may be issued in advance of arrival. Customers should be advised that the same must be returned prior to confirmation of tour date and time.
- Customers will now be able to pay by electronic transfer of funds (ETF) when visiting to reduce cash handling.
- Customers will be asked when booking to ensure that they are in possession of and wear a mask on arrival at the workhouse and throughout the tour experience. Hand sanitizer is available on entry and throughout the building.
- Customer should be advised to phone the centre on their arrival to make known their presence in the carpark. Numbers may be limited depending on government guidelines and a reduced number of tours per day may be necessary.
- Floor markings will indicate a space of 2 metres required for social distancing.
- A one-way system through the building applies to customers, who will always enter through the main entrance doors (left open during the working day) and exit according to staff instructions.
- Customers will be instructed on entry regarding proper procedure passing single file and socially distanced through all doorways.
- Rostered day staff members will be assigned the task of cleaning thoroughly after each tour.
- By purchasing a ticket to visit us customers will be asked to confirm that: you are currently fit and well; you are not displaying any symptoms of COVID-19; you have not you been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last the 14 days and you have followed and complied with the latest Government guidelines in relation to travel between counties, as well as travel into Ireland from abroad.
Due to changing nature of events, management reserve the right to change and/or alter these measures at any time and without notice, in order to comply with Government advice and policy, and ensure the highest standards of safety are being observed and maintained.